Choosing the Right Surgeon Can Greatly Reduce Your Breast Augmentation Risks
Many women are interested in having breast augmentation surgery but have concerns about possible complications and risks. Choosing the right surgeon can be the greatest determining factor for your surgical outcome, and it is imperative that you choose a doctor who puts patient safety first. Dr. Stephen T. Greenberg is a highly trained surgeon whose caring approach can greatly reduce the chances of breast augmentation risks. Our Long Island-area offices offer a range of cosmetic procedures and Dr. Greenberg has been recognized by many newspapers and magazines as a trusted plastic surgeon. If you have been considering breast augmentation and would like to learn more to alleviate any concerns that you might have, please contact our office to schedule a consultation.
The Breast Augmentation Procedure
Dr. Greenberg performs many breast augmentation surgeries every week, using advanced techniques to customize the treatment for every patient. The first step in determining your candidacy is a consultation with Dr. Greenberg where you will discuss your goals and a thorough examination will be performed. This will help to determine your individualized treatment plan and decide the size, shape, and type of implants that are best for you.
Your breast augmentation surgery will take place in Dr. Greenberg's fully accredited, state-of-the-art ambulatory center. Our patients' health and safety is our primary concern and we will take every step necessary to ensure your comfort. At the same time, our surgical team prides themselves on achieving the most natural-looking results possible.
Choosing the Right Surgeon for Your Procedure
The most important decision that you will make regarding your breast augmentation surgery is choosing a surgeon who is committed to your health and safety. Dr. Greenberg has an unparalleled safety record and believes in taking every measure to minimize his patients' risk of complications. In fact, he is the plastic surgeon that other local doctors turn to when they choose to undergo a cosmetic procedure.
Understanding Risks and Complications
Although rare, breast augmentation, like other surgical procedures, carries some risk of complications including:
- Asymmetry - The breasts may not appear to match each other.
- Rippling - Tissue surrounding the implants may become thin over time.
- Implant rupture - The implant may rupture, causing leakage of silicone or saline.
- Hematoma or seroma - A collection of blood or fluid can develop under the skin.
- Capsular contraction - Occasionally, tissue will develop around the implant that can cause firmness and discomfort.
- Calcification deposits - Calcium deposits may form around the implant, causing pain and tenderness at the site.
- Wound separation - The incision may separate after surgery.
- Implant rejection - Your body may reject the implant as a foreign body.
- Reduced nipple sensation - Nerves in the surrounding tissue may become damaged and cause a loss of sensation in the treatment area.
We assure you that we will provide you with excellent care, but it is important to understand the risks associated with breast augmentation surgery.
Schedule a Breast Augmentation Consultation
If you have any questions about breast augmentation and ways to minimize your risk of complications, please contact our office to make an appointment with Dr. Greenberg.
Get in Touch
461 Park Ave S
Manhattan, NY 10016(212) 319-4999
160 Crossways Park Dr
Woodbury, NY 11797(516) 364-4200
365 County Rd 39A Ste 7
Southampton, NY 11968(631) 287-4999
Boca Raton Office
1599 NW 9th Avenue
Boca Raton, FL 33486(561) 208-1080