Foods to Avoid in 2012
Recently I posted tips and advice for losing weight this year. It is not only important to focus on exercising regularly and eating right, but it is also important to avoid the foods that will set you back in your weight loss plan. Here are recommended foods to avoid while you work on shedding those pounds?
- Sugary Drinks: One of the biggest culprits in the weight gain department are sugary drinks like regular soda and fruit punch. Either go for the diet soda or avoid soda altogether and drink water.
- Potato Chips: A favorite amongst snack foods, potato chips are filled with fat and cholesterol and can quickly pack on the pounds. Snacking in general tends to be dangerous since people don't view it the same (in terms of their daily food intake) as their regular meals, but can be the main culprit in weight gain.
- Regular Beer: While beer in general (including light beer) should be avoid while dieting, if you want to have a beer go for the light beer instead of regular.
- Unprocessed Red Meats: A study conducted by Harvard showed that unprocessed red meats were one of the top culprits when it comes to weight gain. Red meat is okay in moderation, but try to get your protein from beans / lentils or elsewhere.
- Any of these foods: We all know fast food is bad for you, but certain fast food items (in moderation) can be okay. However, Men's Health posted an interesting article that shows the 20 worst foods in America. Avoid these at all costs!