The Advantages of SmartLipo
Every year, over 300,000 liposuction procedures are performed in the United States. With each operation comes certain risks and side effects. Luckily, SmartLipo offers the opportunity for a safer operation and easier recovery. SmartLipo will produce similar, if not better, results to regular liposuction. Through the use of a minimally invasive procedure, however, it delivers additional benefits for many patients.
Long Island patients who are considering liposuction as a way to get rid of those pesky pockets of fat should consider what SmartLipo can do for them. Plastic surgeon Stephen Greenberg can determine if you are an appropriate candidate for this treatment.
How Does SmartLipo Work?
Like traditional liposuction, SmartLipo aims to improve the contours of a patient’s body by removing excess fat. Unlike other liposuction procedures, though, SmartLipo employs laser-assisted equipment that facilitates the removal of fat while easing the patient’s experience overall.
First, local or general anesthesia is used before small incisions are made in the target locations. The laser is then used to melt undesirable fat, liquefying the cells as the body’s curves are shaped. Once melted, the fat can be easily and efficiently removed via a suctioning tube. This process allows Dr. Greenberg greater accuracy in contouring the body, while providing a variety of benefits to the patient.
- Smaller incisions: Since most of the work is being performed with a thin cannula, SmartLipo requires reduced incision size. Consequently, patients experience less discomfort during and after the procedure.
- Shorter recovery time: Many patients are able to return to their daily activities within one or two days after the operation. It may still take months for full recovery and healing, but SmartLipo makes it easier to get back on your feet.
- No stitches: Because SmartLipo requires relatively small incisions, there is no need for stitches. Patients benefit from minimalized scarring, sometimes being nearly unnoticeable after fully recovering.
- Fewer side effects: As with any operation, patients need time to heal after liposuction. With SmartLipo, patients typically experience a lower degree of pain, swelling, and bruising. As the laser melts fat, it also seals blood vessels in the area. As a result, SmartLipo tends to reduce post-operative bleeding, swelling, and bruising.
- Enhanced skin: After conventional liposuction, a patient’s skin simply heals over the site. With SmartLipo, the laser often promotes the growth of collagen, creating healthier, smoother skin that complements the patient’s new contours.
Are You a Candidate for SmartLipo?
All forms of liposuction are best suited for patients who, despite diet and exercise, are unable to rid themselves of excess body fat. SmartLipo is an optimal procedure for patients who only want to extract a small amount of fat. Common areas for this procedure include the stomach, hips, thighs, arms, chin, and buttocks.
Schedule an Appointment Today
To find out if SmartLipo is right for you, please contact our office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Greenberg. The initial consultation is free, and he will gladly hear your concerns in order to arrive at a solution best suited for you.