Keeping Your New Year's Weight Loss Resolution
One of the more popular New Year's Resolutions is shedding those extra pounds you might have added on during the holiday season. This is why regular gym-goers always have a packed gym in January and, since these resolutions tend to only last for a short period of time, have an empty gym to go to come February. It's difficult to get back into the exercise routine especially when you haven't done it for a long period of time. In order to help keep your New Year's weight loss resolution, I've listed some tips to help get you back into shape.
- Substitute "Regular" Food Items with Low Fat: A simple way to shed some pounds is by substituting your favorite fatty foods with low fat or non-fat items. The same goes with drinks. If you drink Coke regularly, have Diet Coke (or water) instead. Read reviews online for brands that make a sufficient healthy alternative to your favorite fatty foods.
- Don't Stray From Your Gym Schedule: Emergencies happen, but if you can help it avoid missing a day at the gym. This is how most people stop going altogether. One day turns into two, which turns into a week and before you know it you're not going at all. Even if you're feeling tired from the work week, find the motivation to get you there.
- Purchase an Exercise Video Game: For those of you who do not want to go a public gym, get a video game that encourages exercising. Games like Wii Fit and Dance Dance Revolution are great for weight loss and also a lot of fun. Those of you who do not enjoy exercising might find this a sufficient alternative solution.
- Ween Yourself Off of Snacks: A big contributor to weight gain is afternoon and nighttime snacking. Those extra bag of chips and cookies add up big time especially if you're a regular snacker. If you're used to snacking on a regular basis, it might be difficult to stop altogether so consider substituting those fatty foods with fruits and/or vegetables.
- No Milk & Sugar in Your Coffee: Another simple way to cut down on calories and carbs is by substituting your milk / cream & sugar combination you get in your coffee with skim and sweetener.