Surgical Cosmetic Enhancement Terminology
Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
– Consists of plastic surgery of the abdomen in which excess fatty tissue and skin are removed. The surgery involves the removal of excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen in order to tighten the muscle and fascia of the abdominal wall.
– This is a surgical procedure for either the functional or cosmetic surgery intended to reshape the upper or lower eyelid by the removal and/or repositioning of excess tissue as well as by reinforcement of surrounding muscles and tendons.
– A non–surgical treatment that smooth's moderate frown lines between the eyebrows, forehead lines and crows feet.
– Prosthesis used to enlarge the size of a woman's breasts for cosmetic reasons or to reconstruct the breast as part of a breast lift (mastopexy).
(Mastopexy) – A surgery or group of surgeries designed to lessen the degree of breast ptosis (droop of the breast). The shape pf a breast is determined by its skin, its volume and by its connective tissue. A breast lift may change any of these by reshaping the skin, adding volume with implants, or by altering the structure of the breast tissue.
– Consists of a surgical procedure which involves the reduction in the size of the breast by excising fat, skin, and glandular tissue. This procedure is orientated toward woman with large, pendulous breasts, since the weight of their breasts may cause neck, back, should, circulation, or breathing problems.
– Cellulite is a skin condition which affects most women and is caused by a variation of conditions, which cause enlarged fat cells to push up the skin and surface causing a "dimpling" look. This can be treated in many different ways, one of the most effect is endermologie, which uses Velasmooth technology that massages the cellulite away.
(Implants/Reduction) – Also called Genioplasty, is a form of cosmetic surgery that is used to improve the appearance of a persons chin. This can take the form of a chin height reduction, chin rounding, or chin augmentation.
(Rhytidectomy) – Involves the removal of excess facial skin, with or without the tightening of underlying tissues, and the re–draping the skin on the patient's face and neck.
– A cosmetic or medical procedure used to increase or restore the appearance of a younger age to the human face. Typically, it refers to a set of surgical procedures which try to restore the facial geometry and skin appearance which are associated with youth.
– Transferring of fat from one part of the body where an excess exists and then placing it in another part of the body where the additional bulk can be used for cosmetic and aesthetic purposes.
(Transblepharoplasty) – A procedure to remove the deep "worry" lines that run across the forehead and may portray unintended emotions to other. Given time and gravity, the muscles that hold the forehead smooth become loose and weak, allowing deep wrinkles to appear.
Full Body Lift
(Belt Lipectomy) – The removal of extra skin and fat from the belly, hips, buttocks, backs and outer thigh due to extreme weight loss, pregnancy or age. This occurs because the skin has been stretched and has permanently lost elasticity.
– The development of abnormally large mammary glands in males resulting I breast enlargement. The condition can occur physiologically in neonates, in adolescents, and in the elderly.
– A surgical procedure intended to permanently correct male pattern baldness.
Laser Hair Removal
– The removal of unwanted hair via a laser that ends routinely shaving and waxing an individual part of the body. This can be done on most parts of the body stemming from larger areas such as a back or as small as a chin or a lip.
– A cosmetic procedure that removes fat from many areas of the human body. It is a form of body contouring and should not be substituted for diet and exercise, as it helps clear up fat deposits in certain areas that may not respond efforts in weight loss.
– A cosmetic procedure in which the stratum corneum (dead outermost surface of the skin) is partially or completely removed by light abrasion. It is used to remove sun–damaged skin and to remove or lessen scars and dark sports on the skin.
(Ear Surgery) – A form of cosmetic surgery that changes the appearance of the external ear. Otoplasty can take many forms that can range from the cosmetic surgery changes of bringing over–projecting ears closer to the head, reducing the size of very big ears, or reshaping various being in the cartilage.
– Radiesse is a long–lasting, natural and non–invasive solution to diminishing lines and restoring vitality to your skin. Radiesse is a gel made with a synthetic form of calcium hyrdroxylapitite that can be injected into the skin to fill in facial folds.
– Restylane is a gel that is injected into the skin in order to add volume to lips and lift up wrinkles and folds. It consists of hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance already present in the body.
(Nose Surgery) – A form of plastic surgery that is used to improve the function (correct birth defects or breathing problems) which would be considered reconstructive surgery or the appearance (cosmetic surgery) of a person's nose.
Spider–Vein Laser Treatment
– Spider Veins are small enlarged blood vessels near the surface of the skin. They commonly can develop anywhere on the body, but are prominently found on the face and on the legs. The treatment consists of a dosage of light energy to the targeted vein, which is then absorbed by the blood vessels. The absorption of heat "closes down the vein" making the vein less prominent, thus removing the presence of the spider vein.
Fractora – A non–invasive procedure that is used to tighten your existing collagen and stimulated new collagen growth in the face.
– A thigh lift consists of contouring the legs to help give the appearance of tighter, more attractive thighs and buttocks. Ideal candidates for this procedure are individuals that have lost a considerable amount of weight and now have sagging or wrinkling skin due to their skin losing elasticity.
– A non–surgical and minimally invasive procedure that offers facelift–like results. Threads fixated with tension creates a suspension effect that lifts sagging tissue.
Upper Arm Lift
(Brachioplasty) – The reshaping of the arm by tightening hanging skin. The removal of the extra skin and fat will result in less flabbiness and a more youthful contour.